Wednesday, March 17, 2010

My sugarless brain does it again!

Forgive me for taking far too long to write! Let's just say my Spring Break felt a lot like finals week. But while I work toward repressing that (I kid.), let's move on to the matter at hand.

You might remember that a few weeks ago, I took a test in my human growth and development class. While I studied for it, and when the time to take the test arrived, my brain recalled what I needed to know with a rapidity I'd never before experienced. (In case anyone wondered how I did on the test, I got a 98. Go on. Celebrate with an air guitar solo. I did!) Immediately, I became convinced my elimination of added sugar played a part in that.

I am still convinced.

Two nights ago, I took a mid-term in my legal, ethical and professional standards of counseling class. Because of a few scheduling snafus (and a slight lack of diligence on my part), fate left me with Thursday, Friday and Sunday for making my flash cards. That left me with Monday -- until the exam at 6:20 p.m. -- to quiz myself with them.

Would you believe my brain did it again? One card after another. And my professor posted grades last night. How did I do, you ask?

I got a 60.

Out of 60.

[Insert celebratory air guitar solo.]

1 comment:

  1. Yay!

    When I read this the "I got a 60" was the last paragraph on my screen and I thought to myself, "Oh no! Poor Arleen."

    Then I scrolled down :)

    ReplyDelete