Monday, June 28, 2010

Steps: Part 1.

As planned, I spent today -- a day off -- tracking my steps with a pedometer.

Today was a typical Monday. School work at the computer, laundry, ironing, food prep, chiropractor, a short walk to the mailbox, another short walk to a neighbor's. Not including exercise, I took 4,235 steps.

I was a little alarmed when I realized that between 9 a.m. and 2 p.m.-ish, I'd only taken a little over 900 steps. But in the latter half of my day (when I did more of what on the aforementioned list required walking), I made up for my usually sedentary Monday morning.

Clearly, on a day off, I'm nowhere near the desired 10,000 steps per day. Tomorrow, we'll see what it's like when I'm at work all day followed by at school at night. I'd hate to say it, but I don't think I'll be taking more steps tomorrow than I took today.

No comments:

Post a Comment