Saturday, December 19, 2009

Saying farewell.

A sugar free year would be a lot easier if I lived alone.

I could stock my shelves with healthy food. I could avoid peer pressure by avoiding peers. I could shackle shut the door so going out for junk food would seem like too much work. If only... I could have used to live alone tonight.

Rewind to this morning. When I walked through the living room, I noticed a six pack of Tortuga Rum Cakes.


Let me take this opportunity to tell you that I love rum cake. Love it, like, once, I ate so much in one sitting that I got buzzed. The six pack is a gift from some neighbors who just came home from a cruise. The six pack is now a five pack.


Since there are still 11 days during which I am technically free to eat sugar, I chose the chocolate one and enjoyed every bite. But til 2011, I have bid farewell to rum cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment